Saturday, February 23, 2008

An Aside From Kevin and Angela

So our dear friends, Kevin and Angela, stopped by today on their way to the gallery and wanted to say hello to Loden. Kevin paid a visit to Loden when he was barely two days old at the hospital, but Angela had been sick therefore not able to stop by. Of course, they were greeted loudly by the two attention starved dogs.

Now, the funny part about their gift is the inside joke behind it. If you don't know by now, Kevin and Angela are our partners in crime for rockstar parties here in Dallas. More importantly, they are our travel companions for our "whatever happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico" Mexico vacations. During those trips, I always make fun of people that bring "Bubba Kegs." Nothing could be more ghetto than hauling these mini-beerkegs around while in paradise. I've always mentioned that the next time I see a person I know with a Bubba Keg, they are going to get a punch in the stomach or a kick in the shin. How fitting that they give me my own Bubba Keg. Mind you, these are the same people that gave us a can of Spam for a party that we had.

However, it was what's in the Bubba Keg that was key. There were two gift cards to Baby Gap. I can't wait to dress Loden up prep style. Also, there were two Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 pacifiers. Way cool. And last but not least, there was a t-shirt of Mickey Mouse that says "Pirate in Training." You have to realize, Uncle Kevin has a thing for pirates. Maybe it's the earing? Oh, and I should say that Uncle Kevin and Auntie Angela just came back from a trip to Orlando for a photoshoot. Seems like they made a stop to the magic kingdom as well.

So many thanks for the wonderful gifts!! Oh, and here's to the next trip to the Playacar region. wink, wink. ;-)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Coldcanuk said...

Hey Deep, glad to see you joined the bubba club...lol.

Seems like Loden is growing, I like the shoes.

CC