Saturday, January 19, 2008

Waiting, waiting...

So we could have sworn we would have been visited by a stork some time last week. The wife claims that she really was due to pop at any minute. So yes, we're on standby. The house is as clean as it's going to get (basically too lazy really to do anything) and his room is set up ready to go. So while anxiety sets in, nursing instincts are at a very high level. Ummmm, for me that is, the wife basically sits on the couch watching her stories. I, on the other hand, shampooed the carpets. Yup, I did that. Of course, with two dogs and people who refuse to take their shoes off, seems like I have to do it again in a few weeks. Poor carpet. Also, we've managed to remove just about every single piece of brass in the house. Why you say? Because it's ugly. There's only one last piece, the closet sliding door, that has brass trim that we are replacing. Should be done soon. Also, I've assembled all the baby furniture that we've amassed over the last few months. Everything says it's simple and compact, good grief!!! Who can remember how all this stuff works? Like we're going to have time to read through manuals. The only thing we need is the 'how to keep this thing alive' manual. Last, check out the project I started last night and completed today. Mind you, I only sacrificed one article of clothing to finally get this perfect.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I love Guitar Hero, very addicted to it as a matter of fact. So much so that I can't stop talking about it. Don't believe me? Try it!! I was a skeptic too, until I bought it. Good stuff. So yeah, a very special friend gave me the idea as a gift to my son. I'm glad I was able to follow through. WooHoo!!!!

So yeah, the 20th is just around the corner. Signs show that she's progressing and that we expect a baby really at any second. She's ready to go do this thing. Me? Well, how's August? :-) But Tuesday the 22nd works actually, my calendar is wide open. Let's do it then.

So stick around and keep checking back...My next post could be about his arrival. 'Till then.

No comments: