Sunday, August 3, 2008

Another Visit to the Doctor

So Loden saw the doctor for his 6 month visit for more shots. Sadly, I couldn't be there because of the new job. Sigh, when will my new job stop being an excuse for the stuff I need/want to do. Ahhh well. From all accounts, Loden did well. He did give the tech some trouble with the oral shot by not opening his mouth. When babies are younger, all you'd have to do is squeeze their cheeks to get their mouths to open. Now that he's 6 months old and has control over his movements, he's able to outsmart us now. Ahhhh, the good ole days.

Some vitals from the check up. Loden, is now about 22 pounds. Sounds light, I know, but according to the doctor's charts, Loden is at the 97%-ile with his weight at this age. Another perspective, only 3% of babies are bigger than Loden is at 6 months of age. Eek!!! Taking after his old man I suppose. Loden is now at about 29 inches in length, though Christina is convinced he's longer than that because of the way the tech did the measurement. I suppose we can round it off to 30 inches. His head size is now starting to get over average, though just slightly. Of all three measurements, I'm hoping his head catches up with the rest. Go noggin'.

We're still feeding him beginners solid food on a different vegetable per week then a different fruit per week. Again, as stated before, an adventure in itself. The doctor said that it's okay for us to move on to stage 2 solid food because he's now 6 months old. Another big change is to slowly start introducing baby juice via a sippy cup to get Loden acclimated to drinking from a cup and drinking juice. Though I'm a bit hesitant at introducing sugar to his diet early on, esp. with very young teeth.

Speaking of teeth, he's got two big, front teeth coming out and everyone is so surprised that they have surfaced this early on. Loden is crankier than usual, but other than that, no big deal thus far. I hope it stays this easy, though I think I just jinxed it.

I know I've said Loden is officially mobile, but just a couple of days since that post, Loden is getting much faster and is much harder to keep track of. We were used to just sitting him in the living room while we take care of stuff in the kitchen. He'd move around, but not so much that we'd have to keep all eyes on him all the time. Until now that is. Everything that Loden can't have, dog treats, dog bones, doggie toys, the dogs themselves, Loden will charge after. Due to his increased mobility, we're now forced to have to purchase safety devices for our outlets and cabinets. Sigh, all this for one kid.

No rest of the weary I suppose. I wonder if it gets easier, or I've just said goodbye to 'easy.' :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is for Uncle Ken. Remember when we first got the Dragon Outfit from you and thought, "Man, I can't wait to put that on." It looked HUGE remember? Loden has grown so fast that he practically outgrew this outfit. We all forced Loden in it over the weekend and it wouldn't go around his arms. Man, Loden got too fat!!! Sorry for the pic quality, too much movement.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's his cute new outfit he wore to church today. It just makes him look more like a toddler than a baby, doesn't it? Here's us playing after church.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Bouldins said...

He is such a cutie!!!

Just wait until he's tall enough to reach things on the couch, tabletops, kitchen counters, etc. and you're forced to start putting all important items that you want to keep intact and drool-free on top of the fridge! :)

About the juice in the sippy cup ... if you're hesitant about it, don't do it. Try it with water or really watered down formula. I agree with you that it's better to keep the sugary stuff on hold until they're older. We didn't start Julia on a cup until around 9 months (with water). She didn't like sippy cups, but Nuby makes a No Spill cup with a flip-up straw that she figured out really quickly.