Here we are, August 25th (significant for other reasons as well), and it's Loden's first day of school. That's right, they don't call it day care. It's private school and boy don't we know it. What's a savings account again? We already met his teacher and she showed us their curriculum (funny that they have one) and they are going to teach him sign language. That way, they don't get frustrated in trying to communicate with us. I can't wait!! It's another transition for us and it's yet another thing to try and get used to. We have a very good impression of the school and Loden's caregivers and I do hope that I go through each day not worrying.
One thing having a kid has taught me is to not settle in for any ruts. I do like the grooves that I get in to, but for how fast things change with kids, you better accept it or you'll have a really difficult time coping. This is yet another one of those challenges. While it's hard to pull Loden out of a very, very loving 2nd home, we do know it is in everyone's best interest to get Loden used to a structured environment where he interacts with other kids and hopefully he'll realize that he isn't the center of the world (even though we know he is). I want him to grow up and be assertive and not be shy. I want him to have confidence. I believe this starts all of that.
Thank you, grandparents, yes both sets, for all the help you've given us all this time. For Grammy Emily and her husband George for staying with Christina right after Loden was born. Thank you for visiting us throughout the past several months. And of course, thanks Grandma and Grandpa Susan and Manny for taking Loden in. I know you'll miss him, but we know Loden will miss you too.
PS - It's not like we're moving away, come over with food anytime. :-)



1 comment:
This must be Loden's first day at school, he looks so grown up with a cap and pacifier:)
Can't wait to hear about his first day at school.
(bites from mama)
Post a Comment