All weekend long, Loden repeatedly sang the verse "and now I know my ABCs" from the Alphabet song. Of course, we encourage him. Then, at some point this morning, he started strumming on my displayed guitar and sang the verse louder and louder. After that, he pointed to me and said, "daddy, play guitar!" I was flattered and was about to put on my bandana and torn jeans but quickly realized, I didn't know how to play that song (don't 'fret,' I looked up some guitar tabs on google).
Loden wouldn't stop, playing louder and strumming harder. I then realized, he could play with an old fender squire, a learner's guitar. It's stuffed away in our coat closet. Dusty, rusty and full of inappropriate decor, I enthusiastically handed the old girl to Loden. He placed it on his lap, put his left hand on the bridge and right hand near the pickups and sang "now I know my ABCs" without a care in sight.
Like I said, there moments that we should celebrate like birthdays, first steps, first haircuts, trophies, graduations and so forth. But please, don't discount the small events like this. Truly something treasure. Rock on party people!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment