As the week goes by, Loden just does some amazing things. I keep making mental notes so that I can write and tell you about it later. By the time I actually sit here and make another blog post, he did about a hundred new things that top what he did earlier. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but Loden is looking more and more like a boy. I'm just glad, that for the most part, he still let's you hug him. Sorry, two minute break, Loden brought me a book to read. Oh nuts, here's another book. Be right back. Okay, that was too funny. I was going to write about this, but he brought me two sports books: baseball and football. Every time there's a picture of a ball on the page, he points at it and screams out "Baaaahhhhhh" or "baaaaayyyy." I'm thinking his first word will be ball. I try to correct him each time, but he can't just do the "L" sound. Ironic since it's the first letter of his name. I mean, he knows when he's being called. I hope this is a sure sign of a career in sports so that I can retire early.
Anyways, all he does is run, run, and run. Never "runs" out of energy. He'll go from one end of the hallway to the other non-stop. Sometimes, he'll grab my hand and ask me to run with him. By the way, by 'sometimes' I mean all the time. I guess it's great exercise for me as well. But yeah, that's all we do. Me grabbing his hand and run back-and-forth. It's funny, sometimes I'll let go of his hand and run faster than him and it just makes him laugh even more and want to catch up.
As part of my relaxation, I lay on the floor and throw the football in the air and catch it on the way down. It's twofold: 1 I get to lay down and 2 it entertains Loden. However, he's such a copycat now. So, he gets his little Cowboys football and tries to throw it up in the air. Of course, there's very little luck. He just can't do it yet. The funny part, though, is that he's so intent at doing this. He really thinks he can launch it in the air and hit the ceiling fan. So, he doesn't give and never calls it quits.
Now that it's nicer outside, I'm starting to take him on walks again. He loves walking up and down the sidewalk. It's fun for him and it wears him out earlier. The other night, right before the Mavs game, I dressed him up in his Mavs jersey and I matched him with a Mavs T-Shirt. We went to our neighbors' front yard and I started dribbling a basketball with him. I decided to take a shot and swish. The copycat that he is, he gets the basketball from me (a real one mind you), waddles towards the basket, puts the ball over his head and tries to take a shot. Of course, all it does is hit his head and roll back. Regardless, he goes for the ball, walks towards the basket and tries again. Relentless and never gives up. He really thinks he can make it. One day, I hope, one day. If J.J. Barea can be an impact player for the Mavs (short, hispanic dude), then maybe my son has a chance.
At any rate, so many more stories to tell and fingers getting tired. Besides, Loden is crying for attention. These pictures will have to make due.
Loden and Daddy right before the big game

Another Picture of Loden and Daddy

Loden in his Dirk Jersey at the mall

Climbing on a grapefruit







Just a bit of nostalgia. Last time as a season ticket holder. Had to let them go.
No comments:
Post a Comment