Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gung Ho!

So the most recent thing that was funny, only because he's okay, is that Loden decided to take a step off the indoor slide at his school. He's been using that slide for a long time now, but apparently Loden wanted to test his boundaries. It's just funny as all hell that he didn't start small. Nope, no baby steps for this crazy dude. Without even giving it a second thought (which probably explains what happened), he decided just to step off the platform of the slide to see if he can make it to the ground standing up. I suppose I could have told him a million times that there's no way he'd make it, but he'd end up stepping off anyways. I guess this is just the start for things like this. One day, I'll tell him not to get married. Sure enough, he won't listen, he'll go and get married and I'll be right behind him saying, "I told you so!" :-)

A few more changes taking place. He's getting so much better with the solid food. The only drawback is that he requires so much of it. After a good dinner, he still wants yet another yogurt and applesauce before bed. If you don't do as Loden asks, he'll let you know loud and clear that he wants food ... like at 1am! So yeah, doesn't take long for us to learn that lesson. I do wonder where he gets this insatiable appetite though.

Oh, another thing, if you hear Christina and I humming along to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny, it's because Loden loves those shows. For you music aficionados, did you know that They Might Be Giants and Los Lobos did those theme songs respectively? Could explain why they are so addicting. We find ourselves knowing all the story lines to Handy Manny. Bad T.V. Bad T.V.

Not too many pictures this time around, just a couple of crappy iPhone pics of Loden in the backyard playing with his new favorite toy. He's so spoiled with this new slide. Even when it's dark out, he'll run to the backdoor wanting out. Sigh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Bouldins said...

It's Miss Spider and Clifford at our house. The theme songs are nearly as cool, but they do get stuck in your head!