Ya know, each Monday night, we celebrate his weekly birth day anniversary. What with him being born on 7:15pm, Monday an all. Until his first birthday, I think it's fun to look at each week that passes and see what he's accomplished. When mommy was home with him all day, she was able to work with him on certain development milestones, i.e. propping his head, smiling, grabbing things, etc, etc. For a while there, mommy was working with Loden on flipping over from being on his back. He did that well for a while until she went back to work. It's tough when you no longer have all that time to work on him with things. So, the time that we do have now, we leave him on his back to see if he can get to a position that he really wans to be in. He so desperately wants to sit up or turn over, but his body just won't let him yet. The new thing this week, though, is his feet. He's now fully aware of them so the kicks are a heck of a lot stronger. He's able to prop them up close to his body that he's now always grabbing for them. In the beginning, he could just barely grab his feet, so goes after his socks. Once he gets a grip, he just holds on to them. By the end of the week, he's actually grabbing the foot. Small victories I suppose, who knows what next week will bring.
Back to the pictures eh? Here are a couple of Loden staring at himself in the bathroom.


These next two are of him struggling to grab his tiny feet.


On a beautiful Sunday afternoon, we went to a Mexican restaurant nearby and enjoyed some time on the patio. Loden behaved as he just stared at us eating. Think of it as a warm up for when he gets his first real visit to Mexico.



Here are three more of the feet.



And if that wasn't quite enough proof, here's a video I shot of Loden. Just click on the image to view the video. Enjoy!!
1 comment:
Hi Loden, John and Christina!! Skye and I want to say a big THANK YOU for the awesome books we received from you! We love all of them and will make great use out of them. Are you back at work, Christina? I hope you're coping OK. There are times when I want to go running out of the house, but I still don't know if I could leave Skye for a whole day. We wish you all the best and hope that the transition is as smooth as it can be! xoxo Bernie
Post a Comment