Thursday, May 28, 2009

Can I Love This Guy Any More?

I don't think it's possible to love this guy anymore. I just look at how much he's grown in the last 16 months and I hold on to him tighter than ever, because one day 16 months will turn to 16 years. Like I've said before many times, I look forward to taking him to vacations in Mexico where I can teach him how to snorkel and perhaps sail. Until then, I do make sure I cherish all these wonderful moments. Like when I hum a tune or turn on a song, he pauses and just starts dancing. Love it!! Or when he tries to wear a shoebox as a hat, but real hats he won't have anything to do with. Or when we're walking outside and then he takes off running while making a humming noise that vibrates as he bobs up and down. Too funny!

I really do wish I can give everyone an up-to-the-second account of all the crazy, neurologically challenged things Loden does. It just makes your heart smile. As many smiles Loden gives us, there certainly are those trying times. Now that we've been blessed with warmer weather, he wants to spend every minute of it outside. If he doesn't get his way, oh, he'll let you know about it. His tantrums are the worst! I told myself that I would never let my child get this spoiled and I do my best to keep that from happening.

Loden's growing like a weed and is becoming a monster, but he's so much fun. I'd have a ton more children if only I could skip the first 3 - 6 months. Whew, boy, those were trying times. I know, I know...it only gets worse from here, yadda, yadda. But still, as hard those times may be, I can't wait to exchange meaningful dialogue and share insights with the boy. I hope he challenges me like the wife does. I hope grows up and idolizes me in exactly the same way he does now. I hope I don't disappoint.

These are some pics I've gathered in the last couple of weeks. Sorry if they're not super recent.

In the buggy with his classmates
Photobucket

Trying to eat Thai food
Photobucket

Tired of the stupid Mavs losing
Photobucket

Dancing and clapping with Grandma
Photobucket

Feeding myself
Photobucket

Mmmmmm...pasta pickups
Photobucket

Having his other race's food
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Bouldins said...

He's a cutie!

And at this point, he's not spoiled, he's testing out whether or not you will spoil him! Can't blame a Little Guy for trying!!! :)

Alan said...

Wow he is growing so fast. I say spoil him, why let the grandparents have all the fun. =)

Anonymous said...

Alan-- can't agree with you more :)

Grandma Lizaso