Monday, December 29, 2008

Loden's First Christmas - Part One

How fun is Christmas now that there's a kid in the picture? When you're older, Christmas loses it's magic and wonder. We try to hold on to certain traditions to help rekindle those same fuzzy feelings, but it's just not the same. When there's a kid in the house, all your favorite childhood Christmas memories come rushing back. While more apparent during the holidays, kids function sort of like a time machine for me. I'm either asking how I was like during that age or I'm trying to remember what my youngest memories were. Knowing that, I do my best to document all the special moments to make sure Loden can easily remember all the silly things he got in to when he was little.

Having only one kid at a very young age doesn't necessarily bring back every single favorite childhood Christmas moment. There's no leaving milk and cookies for santa. No staying up late, anxious for the 25th to arrive. No hurrying for church to be over so that we can get home and start opening presents. No, Loden is only 11 months old. Nothing here will stick. But this first Christmas is a teaser for how wonderful and fun all his Christmases will be. I can't wait to take part in all of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bern said...

These photos are so precious!! He is full of concentration and wonder. What a cute little guy Loden is!! He and Skye need to meet. Skye just turned 10 months old on the 20th, and she's not walking yet. I don't think I'm ready for it, either. :) So good to see your blog. Loden turns 1 very soon, doesn't he? Can't wait to see the post from the first birthday!! xx Bernie