Just this past weekend I decided to play a few tunes on the guitar. While I was sitting on the floor with the guitar, Loden comes up to me and leans over the guitar and starts banging on the strings. I play different chords with my left hand and I left him bang out the strings to it makes some coherent notes. I can't wait until he picks up an instrument and gets much better than I.
A few days ago, we were both sitting on the floor and I was softly passing a plush Cowboys football with him. We play this game all the time and he LOVES it. He laughs so hard when it hits his tummy. When I took the ball from him, he started crawling away towards the other end of the house. I actually threw it at him as if he was "going long." Man, I just imagine when we're actually out in the yard and he's really running around.
I also can't wait until he starts to take swimming lessons. As much as I love the water and playing in it, I was never that strong a swimmer. I would love for Loden to get so good at swimming that when we go to Mexico or Hawaii, he'll go so far out in the ocean looking for neat sea life that I will barely catch up. I'd love for him to pick up sailing as well. I can't wait for the days where I strap him on a catamaran, I launch the boat, jump in and sail. We'll take it slow and I'll ask him to look below to see if he can spot any turtles. Then I'll tell him, "You know son, a long, long, long time ago...people go to this part of the world with technology not much different than this." He'll say, "yeah, yeah, yeah..."
I treasure the wonderful moments I have with him now, his laughter, his smiles, his need to cause trouble so innocently and his charm. I also can't wait to cross some milestones off of the checklist, but the moments that I really can't wait for are the ones where we might get to share the same passions. I love this lil' guy and I hope I get to experience all these things with him and he grows up...plus all the stuff that he wants to do as well. :-)
Alright, enough of that. Now on to the pictures. This past weekend, Christina's best friend from Washington D.C. stayed with us for a few days. Loden took to her so quickly. It's as if they knew each other from before. I guess Loden is a good judge of people.



Here are some older pictures that I forgot to add, but is too cute to miss out on. I love these plaid shorts on him. He looks like he's about two years old already! Such a mischievous lil' dude hiding behind mommy.




He sure does like to go out to eat doesn't he? Here's Loden at a local pizza joint having fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment