Monday, September 22, 2008

Long Time No Blog

I know, it's been a while. I don't even have any super recent pictures of Loden. I wish I had a better story for the hiatus, unfortunately, the whole family was stricken down by a nasty stomach bug. Well, let me rewind a bit. Christina and I caught a cold and to avoid Loden getting sick, esp. since he's starting day care, my parents came over during the week to watch Loden while Christina and I got some rest. By week's end, Christina and I were getting better and were looking forward to getting some rest to get ready for a really busy work week. Sure enough, on Saturday, Loden was sick. Not with a cold, but instead, he couldn't keep any food down at all. By Sunday, Christina caught the same bug and I was watching Loden the whole day. By Monday, Christina was barely healthy enough to go to work and I was still feeling okay to take Loden to the Pediatrician. The doctor then confirmed that Loden had a stomach virus. Sure enough, by that evening, I was feeling chills and had the bug. Again, my parents were coming over. In fact, Loden spent two days there while Christina and I were resting and trying to clean the house. For the better part of 2 weeks, the whole family was trying to get over a bug so we can get back to our normal grooves. The silver lining in all of this, if there is one, is that we hope to have strengthen our immune systems enough to deal with it better the next time. Man oh man, I don't wish any of this on anyone.

At any rate, more info than you needed to know I'm sure, but that's why it's been so long since a post. Loden is doing well and gained his weight back. He's back to his normal, happy go lucky self. He's climbing on everything. He's even learned to climb up the doggy stairs. At school, they tell us that he is brave enough to stand on his own and let go to balance himself. He's so funny cause he looks around before he does it so that he shows off. It's cute. When we took him back to school, he got so used to staying with us that it took him a couple of days to get used to things again. But he loves playing with the other babies. There's a baby girl that is also crawling around and that's who Loden is hanging out with the most. Oh, Loden also has another tooth up top that's coming out. He felt a little bad this past weekend because of it breaking through, but he seems to be back to normal now.

I'll try to post more often now that we're back to normal-ish, but it's so busy around here so please forgive me if it takes a week or so before any new posts. Attached are some pics we took of Loden when we had breakfast at the Original Pancake House. Loden is so big that the waitress offered to give him free child pancakes. We're like, "He's only 7 months."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Bouldins said...

Oh man. So glad you guys are feeling better. It's the pits when everyone is sick like that!

Loden sure is a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

"I am ready to order, how about waffles with strawberry topping?

Hugs and kisses to my baby

Granmama

Anonymous said...

It looks like Loden is saying, I want bacon in Mexico! LOL...

I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is just so cute!

Hope this finds you all well.

Tracy & Rob