Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sir Lodington III

Yeah, funny title, I know. Come on, how can you not keep coming up with cute nicknames for the little guy? He's so cute!! Lately, he's just been overwhelmingly adorable. He's out of the "cry all the time" stage and on to the "i'm curious about everything" stage. He notices so many things from far away. He'll notice if Christina or I leave/enter the room. When I come home from the gym and he sees me, he give me the biggest smile! He notices when the dogs come and go and when they are doing silly stuff. He's past staring at his favorite lamp and on to staring at, well, everything.

A while back, I've mentioned that Loden is a super-advanced baby what with his above average weight and height. Well, we think it's crazy that while he is at 4 1/2 months, he already fits in to outfits that are for 6 - 9 month old babies. We've missed out on some outfits and the ones that we remember, he got to wear once! This guy is huge! Also, he absolutely insists on sitting, he'll let you know of his disapproval with they lying down. His newest trick now is trying to figure out how to climb. When he's sitting on me, he tries to grab at anything to prop himself up so that he can stand. Oh, next best thing to sitting for the lil' dude is standing itself. Sometimes when you try and sit him somewhere, he'll stiffen up his legs telling you, "heck no...I'm standing daddy!" On his changing table, he grabs on the edges and tries to pull himself up.

I don't know if any of you have dogs. You know how you can put a treat in a Kong and it'll drive 'em nuts trying to get the treat out? Well, what works for Loden, and no, not dog food, is to sit him in the middle of the room and place something in front of him that he really wants but can't quite reach. He'll spend some time trying to get there. He'll wave his arms and legs around, he'll scream at it, he'll look at you...anything to try and grab it. Speaking of which, his favorite toy, or plaything, is an Ozarka water bottle. No, we don't work for them nor are we plugging their products, although they are very tasty.....mmmmmmm, water. Anywho, any time you're drinking from an Ozarka water bottle, he'll stare at you and he'll yell saying, "gimme!" So part of his past time is just playing with our empty water bottles. Who needs expensive toys when you can recycle?? See, we're a green household.

Anywho, on to business. More pics!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bern said...

He's such a strong little cutie! I'm hoping that Skye will be able to sit up on her own like that in a month. Well done, Sir Lodington III!

Anonymous said...

John, have you ever considered taking up writing as a sideline? Thank you for taking the time to paint a word picture so vivid that I almost feel like I'm there watching Loden.

Give my daughter and Loden a hug from me.