Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Day at the Museum

We've been trying to go to First Saturdays at the Nasher Sculpture Museum for some time now, the once-a-Saturday event sponsored by Target to introduce art to kids, and for whatever reason, something kept getting in the way. This time around, regardless of the hot Texas temperatures, we will make it out.

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as saying "it was worth the wait," I mean I enjoyed it. However, Loden's normal routine for Saturday morning is usually running around for 45 minutes in gymnastics class. It's still a good idea, though, to introduce a well balanced set of activities … yes, I know, he's just two!

The event consisted of a 'spot the art work' scavenger hunt in exchange for a prize. Then, it was design your fish time. We then looked at a brief (two year old, remember?) sculpture demonstration. After that, we looked at different mediums used for sculptures. Then, it was on to looking at the art pieces. Loden loved the miniature furniture models. All other large sculptures were all 'monsters' to him. Hey, whatever works. Then lunch. Then story time. Then home.

For Loden, considering how active this guy needs to be, there are other events that probably speak to him more, but no regrets in attending. I'd do it again for the next time.

















No comments: