
Make sure your parents live close enough so that they are able to help you. I know, you've been living so independently for a while now and have handled everything yourself. Why is parenting any different? It's different because it truly does take a village to take care of these little ones.
This post is long overdue and while we do thank everyone that has helped us out thus far, I do have to take a moment to make sure that my parents recognize how appreciative we are of them. How many parents bring home cooked meals over to your house every weekend and watch the kids play while you eat? How many parents are ready in a moment's notice to watch the kids when they are sick and can't be at school? So many times in the past year, Loden was sick with a temperature and had to stay home from school. That's a lot of sick time and Christina or I would have had to use up. Nope, the parents stepped in and nursed Loden back to health.
More recently, Loden had a fever overnight. No way he would make it to school with all the swine flu scare. Called the parents at 6am and they were at our house in an hour ready to take Loden. No way were they going to let him get a newborn (baby Cyan) sick. Also, since I was at work and Christina was with Cyan, they were nice enough to take him to the pediatrician and get Loden checked out. The icing on top is that they took the weekend to nurse Loden back to health.
It really does take a village and I can't wait to be able to do this for my kids' kids. There's no way that Christina and I would have been able to survive the better part of this year without them. So thank you for everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment