On August 7th 2007 we had a Quad Marker Screen Test done. If you don't know what that is, the doctor test's the mother's blood to see if there could be possible complications with the fetus. It looks to see if there are any problems with the fetus' brain and spinal cord development. Also, it looks to see if the baby can have Down Syndrome.
For me personally, this feels like taking a huge mid-term or final exam during University. Granted, I'm not the one taking the test, but still. What's worse, taking the exam or getting the results back?
Two days later, my wife came home with the results. I didn't expect it back so quickly so I completely forgot about it. The test came back negative. WooHoo!!! I celebrated immediately by running back-and-forth and hugging the two dogs: Zippy and Peacoat.
According to WebMD, "In over 98% of pregnancies, normal quad marker screen results predict healthy babies and births without major complications." We have a long way to go still, but I took this as very good news and couldn't be happier. I'm pretty sure Christina feels the same way.
For more information on the Quad Marker Screen Test, WebMD.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment